- 02 Juil 2013
- 1 235
Shanghaiist a sorti son top 10 des laowai les plus honteux de 2018. À mon avis, le numéro 7 aurait du être numéro 1 :
Source : https://shanghai.ist/2018/12/30/shanghaiists-top-10-most-shameful-laowai-of-2018/Shanghaiist’s top 10 most shameful laowai of 2018
Did you make the cut?
by Alex Linder
December 30, 2018
10) Turkish contestant uses two lifelines on the question: “Where is the Great Wall of China?”
Her four choices were: China, India, South Korea, and Japan.
7) New UK foreign secretary accidentally calls his Chinese wife ‘Japanese’ during visit to Beijing
After confusing his own wife’s ethnicity, Jeremy Hunt went on to boast about his familial connections to China, apparently still hoping to curry some favor from the Chinese government.
6) Rapper Lil Pump blasted by Chinese netizens for new video where he makes “squinty eyes”
“Smokin’ on dope, they call me Yao Ming cause my eyes real low,” the 18-year-old rapped in an Instagram teaser video before adding “ching chong” and pulling his eyelids back. He later apologized, noting, “I got Asian homies, you know.”
4) Chinese side wants Delaware man ‘severely punished’ for stealing Terracotta warrior’s thumb
The 24-year-old man managed to steal the ancient statue’s digit during an after-hours “ugly sweater party” at Philadelphia’s Franklin Institute. At the time, the door to the Terracotta Warriors exhibit was open, guarded only by a black rope held up by two stanchions.
3) Drunken laowai brawl breaks out at Shenzhen McDonald’s
The truly epic fight came to end with one of the foreigners making peace by telling everyone: “I have chicken!”
2) Foreign ‘pick-up artists’ arrive in Taiwan to harass, exploit unsuspecting women for their videos
Back in June, “Explorer Nick” and his “pick-up artist” buddy David Bond created a stir in Taiwan where a number of women accused the pair of filming them without their knowledge and consent, editing the footage out of context, and featuring them in videos with titles like “Taiwan Girls Easy.”
Nick later issued an apology after purportedly receiving threats that Taipei’s criminal underworld was after him and wanted to cut off his cock. However, the very next day, he took back the apology, claiming that he had concocted the whole drama in order to drum up media attention for his videos. He then moved on to Hong Kong.
1) Woman says she recognizes her former English teacher in China on US Marshals’ most wanted list
Of course, “shameful” hardly begins to describe a man who sexually assaulted a 9-year-old girl and murdered his own wife. After 13 years on run, Daniel William Hiers, a former South Carolina police officer, was arrested in Shanghai in September after a Chinese woman saw a list of the US Marshals Service’s 15 most wanted and recognized her former English teacher.