Arnaque immobilière de Ryan

Ce cher Mr Ryan fait meme parler de lui dans le Shanghai Daily :

A batch of expat tenants in Shanghai are calling on more victims to come forward and file a group lawsuit against a Canadian landlord who ran away after allegedly cheating more than 50 foreigners and some apartment owners of 300,000 yuan in apartment-renting schemes.

Ryan Fedoruk, a 40-year-old Canadian and former part-time English teacher in Shanghai, played his trick as a second-hand landlord who rented about 30 apartments from their owners and sublet them to over 80 tenants, mostly foreigners, throughout 2011, victims said.

Allegedly owing 300,000 yuan to his landlords and tenants, Fedoruk refused to pay the money and instead "disappeared" from the city on December 24, leaving many of his tenants facing evictions from apartment owners even on New Year's Day.

"I know Fedoruk. He is a scammer and he ran away, owing me tens of thousands yuan," said a landlord victim who refused to be named. "He rented the apartments, then he sublet them and disappeared with the money he owed to me and to the poor tenants, but I will find him."

The landlord said he has asked real estate agents to report the scam to police.

Fedoruk has responded that he is in Zhuhai, in southern China's Guangdong Province, for the purpose of borrowing money so that he can pay people back. But he has not responded to any e-mails or phone calls for more than a week.

Daniel Kwan, a tenant victim who is representing some 45 other victims in the scam, is now calling on other victims to collect evidence together and press charges against Fedoruk, said his lawyer Eva Gao.

Kwan said in an online article that he had sent e-mails to all tenants listed in Fedoruk's database, asking those who are owed money to send details about their situation and to take legal action if necessary.

"He is aware of the e-mail that I sent out and said that he will go to jail if I keep this up. I told him that's the point: Pay back the people he owes or he's going to jail," said Kwan.

Gao said she estimates that Fedoruk owes tenants and landlords approximately 300,000 yuan and the number is expected to grow as there are landlords and tenants who are not yet aware of the situation.

"So far we have found Fedoruk cheating tenants by playing such tricks all round the city," said Gao. "In Shanghai, a total of 53 people have been confirmed to be cheated by him."

Gao said most of the victims are foreigners and some of them are foreign students who don't have much experience in house renting.

Kwan told Shanghai Daily the victim number might be more than 53 as he said there were about 80 tenants in the database, but Fedoruk never made a complete database of all tenants.

"There have for sure been more than 80 tenants, and I believe more than 100 but I can't confirm," Kwan said.

Meanwhile, some tenant victims have already been evicted by landlords who owned the apartments that they rented from Fedoruk, while some others are being told to get out.

On New Year's Day, a batch of six foreigners was evicted from Fedoruk's apartment in Lujiazui, and they were given only one day to vacate their apartment, Kwan wrote in the online article.

Shanghai police didn't comment on the issue.

(Alexander Gladstone contributed to this story)
Source : Lien retiré

Bon, il semblerait que cette affaire avance ...

Maintenant, que les propriétaires chinois sont aussi victimes de ce Mister Ryan, les autorités feront surement un peu plus d'efforts que pour un conflit entre étrangers ...

Maintenant, j'espère pour lui qu'il a eu l'intelligence de quitter le territoire ... Je pense que les autorités peuvent très bien vérifier cela ... à moins qu'il nage entre Zhuhai et Macao ...

Si ce n'est pas le cas, je pense qu'il "Ne faut pas sauver le scammeur Ryan" ...

On a aussi ete sollicite pour passer a la tele ICS TV News... hehe.
Pour lire toute cette histoire en detail, voici le lien vers le blog de l'avocate Chinoise en charge du dossier :
http://evaslaw.com/articles/the-runaway-landlord-part-1/

Et ceux qui ont un VPN et souhaitent partager leurs temoignages et suivre l'affaire au jour le jour, voici le groupe facebook :
http://www.facebook.com/groups/210104219078514/

Quant a "Where is Ryan ?", il n'est malheureusement pas in the kitchen, mais apparemment toujours planque quelque part en Chine. Et en possession de plusieurs faux passeports, aux dernieres nouvelles.

Quant a moi, c'est mon troisieme appart foireux. Donc jamais 2 sans 3, c'est fini, j'ai fait la totale. Quelqu'un a un contact pour un agent respectueux, honnete, parlant un chouias anglais sur Shanghai ? Histoire de ne pas me refaire avoir...

Tu peux passer par Joanna Real Estate, j'ai déjà loué trois appartements par leur biais, sans aucun problème.
Il n'y a pas de frais d'agence (c'est le landlord qui paie, pas le locataire), et les agents parlent bien l'anglais. Ils assurent aussi un suivi post location.

Pour vérifier le vrai nom du propriétaire, pour le district de Xuhui, s'adresser au bureau des propriétés situé sur Xietu Road entre Wanping et Dong'an sur le coté sud de la rue
+- en face du carrefour, je n'ai pas le numéro.

Ca coute 10RMB, présence de quelqu'un parlant chinois obligatoire.

J'ai vérifié de l'appartement ou je suis maintenant, et il était bien au nom du propriétaire ainsi que de sa fille.

Tu peux passer par Joanna Real Estate, j'ai déjà loué trois appartements par leur biais, sans aucun problème.
Il n'y a pas de frais d'agence (c'est le landlord qui paie, pas le locataire), et les agents parlent bien l'anglais. Ils assurent aussi un suivi post location.

LOL. t'as vu le prix des aparts sur Joanna real Estate?! t'as envie qu'il se fasse avoir une quatrieme fois en payant un loyer exorbitant!

LOL. t'as vu le prix des aparts sur Joanna real Estate?! t'as envie qu'il se fasse avoir une quatrieme fois en payant un loyer exorbitant!

Se faire avoir légalement et honnêtement, cela a un prix ... :siffle:

En lisant le blog d'Eva, je ne retiens qu'une chose: Ne pas prendre l'ascenseur avec Ryan!anim_endesaccord

finalement la police va commencer a le rechercher:
[h=1]Police begin probe of 'fake landlord' who disappeared[/h] By Xu Chi | 2012-1-12 |
internet-news-reader.png
NEWSPAPER EDITION

SHANGHAI police are now probing the case of Ryan Fedoruk, the "disappeared" Canadian fake landlord, who is alleged to have cheated 60-plus expat tenants and apartment owners of more than 340,000 yuan in a subleasing scandal.

The police took the case yesterday after five victims and their lawyer handed them statements from 45 victims who say they have been cheated by the man.

Fedoruk, 40, a former part-time English teacher, acted as a second-hand landlord who rented about 30 apartments from their owners in the city and sublet them to over 80 tenants, mostly foreigners, throughout last year, victims said.

The police's economic crime investigation department said it will investigate the whereabouts of the Canadian man after officers finish checking the 45 statements.

Victims have contracts

Other victims who have not yet written statements are being encouraged to report their experiences, too.

Victims accused Fedoruk of contract fraud as they provided evidence showing they had signed contracts, some so informal they were handwritten, to agree on the date for Fedoruk to return deposits, but he never returned the money.

"The suspect may face three to five years behind bars in China and then being deported to his own country after the sentence, if he is confirmed by police to be involved in the 340,000 yuan fraud as victims reported," said local lawyer Wu Dong.

Some victims said they are excited to hear that the police finally are taking action, as they have tried to report to police stations but were told the case couldn't be established due to lack of evidence, among other reasons.

"I'm happy to see the police probing the case and I hope they can catch him soon," said one of the victims, an American-born Chinese who identified himself as Peter.

Another victim, an exchange student who identified himself as "Manuel," said he looked forward to the police investigation's result but doubted whether Fedoruk could return the money even if he was caught.

"As far as I know, Fedoruk was living an extravagant life with the deposit money the tenants have paid him," said Manuel. "He was so fat that he used to take a cab wherever he went, and he spent a lot money on eating or dating girls in Shanghai."

"But I'm glad if justice is to be done to him, after we have spent so much effort in the victim group with the help of the lawyer."

Eva Gao, the lawyer who has spent the past half month helping the victims gather evidence and calling on more to join them, told Shanghai Daily that she did the job not for pay but only to take responsibility as a local citizen.

Previously, Fedoruk was also reported by some Shanghai Daily readers to be scamming people in other cities in China, such as Zhuhai in southern China's Guangdong Province and Harbin in northeastern China's Heilongjiang Province.

The Shanghai victims are encouraging victims in those two cities to report to their local police departments.

Bien joué, c'est sur la première page du Shanghai Daily de ce matin. Fedoruk risque 3 à 5 ans de travaux forcés puis déportation de Chine, il risque d'y perdre quelques kilos.

"As far as I know, Fedoruk was living an extravagant life with the deposit money the tenants have paid him," said Manuel. "He was so fat that he used to take a cab wherever he went, and he spent a lot money on eating or dating girls in Shanghai."

Ce Fedoruk pourrait presque poursuivre Manuel pour "voyeurisme/espionnage". Le gars semble en connaître pas mal sur sa vie privée. Un bon gros stalker en sorte (^_^).

Des nouvelles de Ben Laden ?

On l'a retrouver ?

Hélas, nous venons d'avoir des nouvelles (nous les victimes).
Après un mois de traitement, la police refuse de le poursuivre, malgré les 40 plaintes, les entretiens avec 5 victimes locataires et des entretiens téléphoniques avec des propriétaires Chinois lésés.
La police estime qu'il ne s'agit pas d'un cas criminel mais d'une fraude civile(? civil fraud). Donc ils ne poursuivront pas Ryan, ils nous conseillent de le poursuivre en justice, et actuellement ils ne savent pas si Ryan se trouve en Chine ou pas, mais qu'il a vraisemblablement quitté le pays le 29 décembre.

Bref, le gros lard a réussi à filer. La Police ne fera rien, mais le bon côté des choses c'est que sa photo et son histoire ont été diffusé jusque dans les médias Canadiens + les médias Chinois, donc il ne devrait plus arnaquer quiconque avant un moment. Mais ceux qui avaient encore de l'espoir pour notre argent... c'est râpé.

Et oui, Ryan était en colocation avec 4 ou 5 expats (qu'il a arnaqué pareil), donc il y a un bon nombre de victimes qui connaissent très bien sa vie... d'où les détails très précis sur son train de vie.

Anyway, c'est la fin de l'histoire.

C'est bizarre quand même que les autorités chinoises ne sachent pas si le gus est toujours en Chine ou non. Si il est parti, il doit être dans le PC au moment où il a passé la douane. Sinon cela veut dire qu'il a passé la frontière illégalement.

Les autorités font un peu preuve de laxisme dans l'histoire.

A mon avis il pourra quand même continuer à arnaquer sans problème. Prend Rocancourt par exemple. Il a été condamné aux USA (si je ne me trompe pas). Sa photo a été publié en France et aux USA à de nombreuses reprises et pourtant il arrive encore à en arnaquer. Ils ont ça dans la peau.

Si le gus revient en Chine, il lui suffit de changer de ville et le tour sera joué. Ni vu ni connu.

Si ca peut donner des idees a ceux qui se fait bolosser, qu'ils matent le film "Seeking justice" de Nicolas Cage.

C'est bizarre quand même que les autorités chinoises ne sachent pas si le gus est toujours en Chine ou non. Si il est parti, il doit être dans le PC au moment où il a passé la douane. Sinon cela veut dire qu'il a passé la frontière illégalement.

En fait, si tu as bien lu le début de l'histoire, Ryan avait AU MOINS 3 passeports différents, des faux, donc c'est un peu facile de quitter le pays si le gus a une armada de faux papiers à sa disposition. Et puis ça faisait 13 ans qu'il vivait en Chine, qu'il arnaquait des gens en compagnie de sa femme Chinoise... quand t'as le Guanxi, facile de disparaître ! Enfin, litiges Laowai/laowai... ça va pas bien loin.